Submitted by: Marla
Recipe Source Country: United States
Cooking/Prep time: 20 to 30 min
They are the yummiest chocolate chip cookies I have ever had. The orange zest and nuts are optional based on your taste preferences.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 12 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chunks
- Cream butter, sugar, salt, and zest with an electric mixture for 3 mins.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add sifted flour and baking soda and continue beating until thoroughly combined.
- Using a large spoon, stir in the chocolate chunks and pecans.
- Divide into 1/4 cup balls and flatten slightly on cookie sheets that have been oiled or covered with parchment paper. Space 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown (they should still be a little soft in the center).
Best eaten the day they are baked but can be stored for several days in an airtight container.