Submitted by: Hannah
Recipe Source Country: United States
Cooking/Prep time: 10 to 20 min
I love this recipe because it’s simple and can be vegetarian.
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Zucchini Squash
- 10-15 Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime (or Lemon)
- Handful of Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil of preference for cooking
- OPTIONAL: 10 Shrimp; peeled and thawed
- Begin by peeling the Zucchini and the squash, and cutting the Brussels Sprouts into fourths.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and add just enough oil to coat the bottom. Throw in the Brussels Sprouts, and stir occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Add the Red Bell Pepper after cutting it into strips. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, and add the Squash, and then the Zucchini by cutting into small slivers. cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the Squash is soft when poked with a fork.
- Raise the heat to high, and add the garlic clove. Either chopped or crushed. Cook for an additional minute.
- Squeeze 1/2 of the lime over the vegetables.
- Remove from heat.
- On the side, mash the avocado into a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste, as well as chopped cilantro. Squeeze the rest of the lime into the bowl and stir everything together.
- OPTIONAL: If you would like to add shrimp, cook raw, peeled shrimp in a pan, on medium-high heat, lightly coated in oil, for 2 minutes.
- Heat up the tortillas in a pan, or in the microwave unless already fresh/
- Scoop desired amount of vegetables into tortilla, and top with avocado. Add shrimp if desired. Enjoy!
This will serve 2-3 people. If you prefer softer vegetables, cook for longer. You can also raise the heat, and cook for a shorter period of time to slightly burn the outside of the vegetables for a “grilled” taste. If you like spicy, red chili powder, or Cajun seasoning can be used when cooking the vegetables and shrimp.