AFS-USA (formerly the American Field Service), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is a leader in intercultural learning and offers international exchange programs in more than 40 countries around the world through independent, nonprofit AFS Organizations, each with a network of volunteers, a professionally staffed office, and headed up by a volunteer board.
We’ve been exchanging students throughout the world for more than 65 years. That’s six decades of history and experience in international education with an exemplary record of safety, security, and service to students, parents, and educators.
To speak with an AFS-USA Representative, call: 1-800-AFS-INFO.
- Hours (Pacific Standard Time):
- Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm
- Sunday: 10am – 6pm
In case of an emergency involving an AFS participant, please call 1-800-237-4636 and press 9 to speak with Participant Support staff or the after-hours AFS Duty Officer.
AFS-USA works toward a more just and peaceful world by providing international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities through a global volunteer partnership.
AFS-USA Executive Staff
- Jorge Castro, President
- Marlene Baker, Chief External Relations, Development and Communications Officer
- Keri Dooley, Chief Government Relations and Sponsored Programs Officer
- John Duban, Chief Field Operations and Marketing Officer
- Susan Goldberg, Chief Financial Officer
- Tara Hofmann, Chief Operations and Organizational Development Officer
AFS-USA Board of Directors
- Lauren Berry, Recent Returnee Advisor to the AFS-USA Board of Directors
- Emily Betz Close
- Allen Clutter
- Diana Deem
- Ambassador William A. Eaton, Board Chair
- Jean M. Frazier (Jeannie)
- Jed Hepworth
- Anne Herendeen, Board Vice Chair
- Eric Lomeli
- Kathleen McNabb
- Damian Pisanelli
- Ambassador Thomas Robertson
- Joan Siegel
- Bob Stableski
- Wim Wiewel
To contact the board, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct media inquiries to: email@example.com
AFS is audited annually and complies with the program standards set forth by the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET).