This merit and need-based scholarship is available for students interested in studying abroad on an AFS year program to any country. This scholarship may be combined with other AFS scholarships including, Global Leaders need-based financial aid.
- Scholarship award will be up to $ 7,500 based on financial need assessed through the FAST financial aid application.
- One (1) scholarship is available for each calendar year.
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select the scholarship recipient based on the AFS application, scholarship application and essay, and in-person interview.
- Scholarship winner should demonstrate interest in cultural awareness, curiosity about other cultures, and interest in studying abroad.
- The scholarship recipient will be announced on or around March 1 (Summer/Fall programs) and November 1 (Winter programs) of each year. The scholarship applies to a year program starting in the subsequent fall or winter.
- Applicants residing within the AFS DelMarPa Team area (covering Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, and the Eastern Shore of Maryland) are eligible.
- Applicants must meet Year Program AFS application requirements.
- Applicants will agree to volunteer with AFS DelMarPA Team for at least 10 hours during the 12 months immediately following the student’s return home (e.g. attending AFS events, doing presentations, speaking with other students who want to go abroad, etc.).
- Applicants exhibit demonstrated financial need assessed through the FAST financial aid application
How to Apply:
- Start your AFS online application (if you haven’t done so already).
- Complete and submit the AFS DelMarPA Team - Year Program Scholarship application by the deadline listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the FAST financial aid application.
- Scholarship finalists will be invited to attend an in-person interview.
Deadlines:Applications must be submitted no later than February 15, 2019, for programs departing in the Summer/Fall.
Applications must be submitted no later than October 15, 2019, for programs departing in the Winter.
Please reach out to the AFS Scholarship Team, email@example.com, with questions or for more information.
The DelMarPa Area Team scholarships are separate from the Global Leaders need-based scholarship application process and other merit scholarships, and DelMarPa Area Team scholarship award decisions are determined through a local committee. Please note that all applicants are not guaranteed funding.