This merit and need-based scholarship is are available for students interested in studying abroad on an AFS Global Prep program to any country and provides up to $5,000 to cover the program fee. Cost of domestic travel to U.S. departure city, visa fees, and personal spending costs while on program are the responsibility of the student.
- One (1) scholarship up to $5,000 to cover the program fee available each calendar year.
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select the scholarship recipient based on the AFS application, scholarship application and essay, and in-person interview.
- The scholarship winner should demonstrate interest in cultural awareness, curiosity about other cultures, and interest in going abroad.
- The scholarship recipient will be announced on or around the third week of March each year. The scholarship is applicable only to Global Prep programs departing during the summer months of that year.
- Applicants residing within the AFS DelMarPa Team area (covering Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, and the Eastern Shore of Maryland) are eligible.
- Applicants must meet Global Prep application requirements.
- Applicants agree to volunteer with AFS DelMarPA for at least 10 hours during the 12 months immediately following the student ’s return home (e.g. attending AFS events, doing presentations, speaking with other students who want to go abroad, etc.).
- Applicants demonstrate financial need assessed through the FAST financial aid application.
How to Apply:
- Start the AFS online application process (if you haven't already).
- Complete and email the AFS DelMarPA Team - Global Prep Program Scholarship application by March 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the FAST financial aid application no later than March 1, 2019.
- Scholarship finalists will be invited to attend an in-person interview.
Deadline:The deadline to apply for the DelMarPa Global Prep Scholarship is March 1, 2019.
Please reach out to the AFS Scholarship Team, email@example.com, with questions or for more information.
The DelMarPa Area Team scholarships are separate from the Global Leaders need-based scholarship application process and other merit scholarships, and DelMarPa Area Team scholarship award decisions are determined through a local committee. Please note that all applicants are not guaranteed funding.