This full, merit-based scholarship is designed to promote intercultural understanding and peace, and was created in memory of Yoshi Hattori, an AFS Exchange Student to the U.S. from Japan who died in 1992.
- No previous language experience is required.
- One (1) scholarship is available.
- Students must be applying for the year program to Japan (March 2020 - February 2021)
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship application materials submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
How to Apply:
- To be considered, start/ continue your AFS application.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Yoshi Hattori Memorial Scholarship essay task or speak with your Study Abroad Specialist at 1 (800) AFS-INFO.
- Once requested, the Yoshi Hattori Memorial Scholarship essay task will appear in the Next Steps of your AFS dashboard.
- Complete all Next Steps task on your dashboard and submit your application.
- Semi-finalists will be invited to a Skype interview in early October. This Skype interview is in addition to the in-home information session that must be completed as part of your AFS-USA online application.
Your complete AFS application and Yoshi Hattori Memorial scholarship essay task must be completed by Thursday, August 29, 2019.
Contact Information:If you have any questions, please reach out to the Scholarships Team at email@example.com.