This scholarship is currently closed to applications.
The Yoshi Hattori scholarship is a full, merit and need-based scholarship is designed to promote intercultural understanding and peace, and was created in memory of Yoshi Hattori, an AFS Exchange Student to the U.S. from Japan.
Scholarship Reward: Merit and need-based
Scholarship Value: Full scholarship
Available Scholarships: One (1) award
Applicable Programs: Spring 2021 Japan High School Year only
Application Deadline: August 27, 2020 (deadline has passed)
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- No previous language experience is required.
- All Yoshi Hattori Memorial scholarship and program application requirements are due for scholarship consideration.
- Includes a series of scholarship essays questions
- Semi-finalists will be required to participate in an online interview and submit financial documentation to demonstrate financial need for the scholarship
- Qualify for financial assistance
*Families who qualify typically have household incomes of $85,000 or less, though some extenuating circumstances can be considered. Applicants/Families are required to submit financial documentation for scholarship consideration.
To apply to scholarship(s), please start or login into your AFS application!
Scholarships questions? Contact the Scholarship Team at [email protected].