This full, merit-based scholarship is designed to promote intercultural understanding and peace, and was created in memory of Yoshi Hattori, an AFS Exchange Student to the U.S. from Japan who died in 1992.
- No previous language experience is required.
- One (1) scholarship is available.
- Students must be applying for the year program to Japan (March 2019 - February 2020)
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship application materials submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
How to Apply:
- To be considered, start your AFS application.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Yoshi Hattori Memorial Scholarship essay task or speak with your Study Abroad Specialist at 1 (800) AFS-INFO.
- Once requested, the Yoshi Hattori Memorial Scholarship essay task will appear in the Next Steps of your AFS dashboard.
- Semi-finalists will be invited to a Skype interview in early October. This Skype interview is in addition to the in-home information session that must be completed as part of your AFS-USA online application.
The application deadline for the 2019 Yoshi Hattori Memorial Scholarship has now passed.
Contact Information:If you have any questions, please reach out to the Scholarships Team at email@example.com.