Albert and Louise D’Agosto created this $2,000 scholarship to promote learning Italian language and Italian culture through a year-long AFS program in Italy for an outstanding student in Connecticut. The D’Agostos have partnered with AFS Southern New England Team to award a scholarship to a deserving student who shares their passion for Italia.
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2023
Must meet the following requirements:
- Ages 15-18 years old meeting AFS ITALY study abroad program requirements
- Students residing in Connecticut outside of the NYC Metro team area
- Student must be accepted by AFS and the international partner in order to receive the scholarship
- Students do not need to be of Italian heritage, but preference given to those with demonstrated interest in Italy and Italian culture
How to Apply:
- Write no more than 500 words essay on the following topic:
“What do you hope to gain from your year in Italy and how do you intend to share Italian culture and language upon your return?”
- Briefly answer the following question:
Please provide a brief explanation how this scholarship will benefit you and what financial resources you can contribute to cover the remaining costs of the program.
Send the essay with your name and contact information to M. and Mrs. D’Agosto [email protected].