Submitted by: Shota M.
Recipe Source Country: Japan
Cooking/Prep time: < 10 min
Fried noodles with meat and vegetables on it. “Yakisoba” is a very easy food to make, so it has been part of Japanese everyday meals.
- Yakisoba noodles(photo attached, I found this in an Asian market.)
- Pork back ribs, sliced
- 40g cabbage
- 30g carrot
- 20g bean sprout
- 50g oil
- 10ml water
- 60ml Katuobushi; this is an Japanese topping made of bonito fish. Luckily, I found this in Asian market.
- Rinse carrot, cabbage and bean sprouts. Cut carrots very thin. Cut cabbage the same size as the carrots.
- Heat oil on the pan and fry sliced pork ribs.
- After frying the pork, place the vegetables on top of the pork and fry.
- After frying the vegetables for about 30 sec, place noodles on top, and pour water. Fry until the water is gone.
- After the water is gone, reduce the fire and pour the sauce powder (attaches to yakisoba noodles) and stir.
- Add katsuobushi on and ready to eat!
I chose this dish because it was very easy to make and it is an everyday life meal, not an expensive one that people can find when they go down to a Japanese restaurant in Denver.