AFS uses the services of a third party administrator, GMMI, to review and process medical claims. Claim forms need to be printed, signed, and then scanned and mailed/emailed to GMMI. All medical bills should be submitted to them for payment unless otherwise instructed.
Using a service provider who is in the GMMI network can help host families and/or volunteers avoid requests for payment up-front. This is also beneficial in expediting payment and avoiding balance billing (see below for more on balance billing).
To locate a network provider in your area:
- Go to the GMMI website.
- Log in using the Username: AFS and Password: AFS
- Scroll to the bottom to find the button for the Provider Search.
To find a Provider:
- enter a provider name to find out if s/he is in the network
- enter the your city and state or zip code to find a list of network providers in your area
- search providers by specialty
Tracking claims with GMMI
The address of GMMI is:
Global Medical Management Inc. (GMMI)
880 SW 145th Avenue, Suite 400
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027, USA
Phone No. (888) 444-7773 (OK to call 24 hrs/day, 7 days/wk)
Fax No. 1-954-370-8130
Email: [email protected]