Get Involved Area Team
Volunteer with AFS!
The San Francisco Bay Area AFS community is a vibrant mix of returnees, host families, educators, and others who believe in the power of intercultural learning. Whether you have studied abroad or not, connecting with AFS locally brings the wide world to you. Check out our current volunteer opportunities.
Wondering how else you can get involved?
"I want to do something meaningful, but I don't have a lot of time."No problem. Pitch in for a few hours to:
- Interview prospective students and host families
- Mentor an applicant
- Assist with a school presentation
- Accompany students on outings and orientations
- Post "Host a Family" flyers in your community - at coffee shops, schools, NextDoor, etc. Quick & Easy -- they are attached right here!
- Hosting Flyer (Golden Gate)
- Hosting Flyer (Mountains)
- Hosting Flyer (Dad)
- Hosting Flyer (Mom)
- Hosting Flyer (Mom 2)
- Hosting Flyer (Cupertino High)
"I'd like to put my professional skills to use for AFS."
We especially need people with experience in:
- Database management
- Marketing and PR
"I want to meet new friends."
- Join us for a bite to eat at one of our fun and casual monthly gatherings – all are invited. Check our online calendar or Facebook page for information!
"I'm a good organizer."
Be a team leader for:
- Interviewing students and families
- Volunteer development
- School relations
"I want to connect with a student."
Provide friendship and support as a:
- Liaison, the key contact for the student and host family
- Temporary or emergency host family
- Aunt or uncle
- Mentor for students going abroad
"I'd like to help AFS and boost my resume at the same time."
- We will help you design a project or an internship that will build your experience and showcase your talents.
We welcome your time, your talents and your commitment to global understanding. To learn more, email or call Veronica Buxton at 646.381.3361.