The Vaya a América Latina Merit Scholarship is now available for students interested in studying abroad in Spring 2017 in Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Panama, or Peru.
Information about scholarships for programs departing in Summer/Fall 2017 will be available in Winter 2016.
Deadline to apply for programs departing in Spring 2017 is 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on
September 15, 2016September 29, 2016.
- No previous language experience is required.
- Students must be applying for a year or semester program in Latin America.
- Three to five awards will be given.
- Scholarships can be combined with a Global Leaders Need-Based award.
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select scholarship recipients.
Scholarship application materials submitted after
September 15, 2016September 29, 2016, will not be considered.
- Scholarship results will be announced in mid October.
To be considered, start your application and indicate that you're interested in scholarships. A Study Abroad Specialist will be in touch to help you choose the best scholarship opportunities.