Made possible by the generosity of Jenny and Mike Messner
The Speedwell Study Abroad Merit Scholarship, made possible by The Speedwell Foundation, is available for students interested in studying abroad for a year to any non-English speaking country, and covers the full program fee. Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for the desired program.
- Twenty (20) scholarships will be awarded.
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select scholarship recipients.
- AFS reserves the right to choose the final country destination and does not guarantee you will be offered a scholarship to one of the country choices listed on your application.
- Once the scholarship results are announced, scholarship recipients will need to pay a refundable (certain criteria must be met) $1,500 Program Commitment Deposit.
To be eligible for this competitive, merit-based scholarship, you must:
- Live in or attend a high school within the Susquehanna Valley Area Team located in central Pennsylvania (counties eligible for this scholarship are Adams, Centre, Clinton, Colombia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lycoming, Mifflin, Montour, North-Umberland, Perry, Schuylkill, Snyder, Union, and York).
- Apply to study abroad for a year to a non-English speaking country.
- No previous language experience is required.
How to Apply:
- Complete the entire AFS application.
- Once you have successfully submitted the first four (4) tasks of your application, a Study Abroad Specialist will be in contact with you regarding the Speedwell Scholarship essays and additional application tasks.
Deadlines:The deadline for the Spring 2019 Speedwell Foundation Study Abroad Scholarship is closed.
The deadline for the Fall 2019 Speedwell Foundation Study Abroad Scholarship is closed.
Contact Information:For more information, please contact a member of the AFS-USA scholarships team at email@example.com.