Made possible by the generosity of Mark Siegel and Joan Bowman Siegel
The Sakura (cherry blossom) Scholarship is a 50%, merit- and need-based scholarship. This scholarship covers half of the AFS-USA program fee for a high school year program in Japan.
- No previous language experience is required.
- Two (2) scholarships will be offered.
- Scholarships may not be combined with Global Leaders Need-Based awards, but you may apply for both.
- Students must be applying for the year program to Japan (March 2020 - February 2021)
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship application materials submitted after the scholarship deadline will not be considered.
How to Apply:
- To be considered, start/ continue your AFS application.
- Complete your FAST application.
- Contact email@example.com to request the Sakura Scholarship essay task or speak with your Study Abroad Specialist at 1 (800) AFS-INFO.
- Once requested, the Sakura scholarship essay will appear in the Next Steps of your AFS dashboard.
- Complete all Next Steps task on your dashboard and submit your application
Your complete AFS application and Sakura scholarship essay task must be completed by Thursday, August 29, 2019.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Scholarships Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.