Made possible by the generosity of Mark Siegel and Joan Bowman Siegel
The Sakura (cherry blossom) Scholarship is a 50%, merit- and need-based scholarship. This scholarship covers half of the AFS-USA program fee for a high school year program in Japan.
- No previous language experience is required.
- Two (2) scholarships will be offered.
- Scholarships may not be combined with Global Leaders Need-Based awards, but you may apply for both.
- Students must be applying for the year program to Japan (March 2019 - February 2020)
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship application materials submitted after the scholarship deadline will not be considered.
How to Apply:
- To be considered, start your AFS application.
- Complete your FAST application.
- Contact email@example.com to request the Sakura Scholarship essay task or speak with your Study Abroad Specialist at 1 (800) AFS-INFO.
- Once requested, the Sakura scholarship essay will appear in the Next Steps of your AFS dashboard.
The application deadline for the 2019 Sakura Scholarship has now passed.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Scholarships Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.