Made possible by the generosity of Mark Siegel and Joan Bowman Siegel
The Sakura (cherry blossom) Scholarship is a 50%, merit- and need-based scholarship. This scholarship covers half of the AFS-USA program fee for a high school year program in Japan.
- No previous language experience is required.
- Two (2) scholarships will be offered.
- Scholarships may not be combined with Global Leaders Need-Based awards, but you may apply for both.
- Students must be applying for the year program to Japan (March 2020 - February 2021)
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship application materials submitted after the scholarship deadline will not be considered.
How to Apply:
- To be considered, start/ continue your AFS application.
- Complete your FAST application.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Sakura Scholarship essay task or speak with your Study Abroad Specialist at 1 (800) AFS-INFO.
- Once requested, the Sakura scholarship essay will appear in the Next Steps of your AFS dashboard.
- Complete all Next Steps task on your dashboard and submit your application
Your complete AFS application and Sakura scholarship essay task must be completed by Thursday, August 29, 2019; 11:59 PM EST.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Scholarships Team at email@example.com.