The Pride Scholarship provides openly-identifying Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer students the opportunity to study abroad and gain intercultural skills in an international setting. These students can apply the skills that are so often integral to their own experiences as a diverse individual while navigating a new culture on an AFS program.
- No previous language experience is required.
- Students must be applying for any program departing between June and September of 2019.
- Up to four (4) scholarships will be awarded. Recipients will receive up to $4,000.
- Scholarships may be combined with Global Leaders Need-Based awards.
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship application materials submitted after the scholarship deadline will not be considered.
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Identity: Publicly identify as LGBTQ
- Academic Achievement: Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Age Range: Be between 15-18 years of age
How to Apply:
- Start or continue your AFS Application.
- Email email@example.com indicating that you are interested in receiving the application.
Complete the Pride Scholarship Application Form.
- Provide an additional Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or community member that speaks to your commitment to the LGBTQ community.
- Email the completed application and letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline:The deadline to apply for the Pride Scholarship is April 12, 2019.
For more information about how to apply for the Pride Scholarship, please contact the Scholarships Department at email@example.com. If you would like more information about LGBTQ resources and preparing for your time abroad, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.