The Helen "Peggie" Miller Scholarship is made possible by the generosity of her children who are AFS returnees to honor her legacy. This is a merit and need-based scholarship for students interested in studying abroad for a year or semester.
- This is an opportunity for AFS applicants to use their personality and creativity to create an AFS video documenting their motivation to study abroad for the semester or year.
- The video should be no more than two (2) minutes maximum.
- The scholarship applicant chosen will receive a $5,000 scholarship towards the AFS program fee.
- If you are unable to submit a video entry, please contact us for more information about alternate submission options.
- No previous language experience is required.
- Students must be applying for a semester or year program departing between June and September of 2019.
- One (1) scholarship will be available.
- The scholarship may not be combined with Global Leaders Need-Based award, but you will automatically be considered for both.
- A selection committee of AFS staff and volunteers will review applications to select scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship materials submitted after the scholarship deadline will not be considered.
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Applying to a semester or year program for 2019
Qualify for financial assistance
- Families who qualify typically have household incomes of $85,000 or less, though some extenuating circumstances can be considered
How to Apply:
- Start or continue to work on your AFS Application
- Complete a FAST Application
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Helen "Peggie" Miller Scholarship submission entry form
Deadline:The deadline to apply for the Helen "Peggie" Miller Scholarship is April 25, 2019.
For more information about how to apply for the Helen "Peggie" Miller Scholarship, please contact the Scholarships Department at email@example.com.