Thanks to some wonderful local donors and volunteers from the Greater Puget Sound Area Team, prospective AFSers from the Puget Sound area may be eligible for additional aid through the Orca scholarship fund.
Orca scholarship awards range from $250 to $2,500. A $2,500 award is not guaranteed. Award amounts are based on the information you provide in your FAST financial aid application and the funds available at the time you complete your FAST application.
Orca scholarship award recipients will be expected to volunteer between 5 - 10 hours of time (depending on the size of the scholarship amount awarded) with the local AFS-USA Greater Puget Sound area team.
Eligibility criteria is flexible for the Orca scholarship, but preference may be given to students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Live in the Greater Puget Sound area.
- Participate in a year or semester long AFS-USA program. Preference given to students applying for Brazil, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Hungary, Indonesia, Latvia, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Paraguay, or Thailand.
An Orca scholarship can be combined with a Global Leaders Need-Based scholarship.
How to Apply:
- Complete your AFS application.
- Complete a FAST need-based scholarship application.
- Notify Anne Davis regarding your interest.
Contact Information:For more information regarding the Orca scholarhsip, please contact Anne Davis at email@example.com.