The BP Global Citizens of Tomorrow Scholarship is no longer offered for the year program. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Redia Anderson, BP Chief Diversity Officer, Americas
The BP Global Citizens of Tomorrow scholarship program provides financially-challenged students the opportunity to study abroad and gain the intercultural skills needed to succeed in a global economy. The goal of the program is to increase students' intercultural awareness and second-language skills.
Financially-challenged students of all backgrounds with strong academic records and a desire to study abroad for a year in Brazil or India will be awarded full scholarships.Students with demonstrated strengths in academics and an interest in science, technology, engineering, math or other fields important to the energy industry will be a focus of the program.
In addition to awarding scholarships to students residing in the US, AFS will provide participants from Brazil, India and South Africa the opportunity to study in the U.S. If you are interested in opening your home to a BP scholarship recipient, learn more about becoming a host family with AFS-USA.
More information and frequently asked questions (FAQ) can be found here in English and Spanish.
BP Scholarship Eligibility
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Financial Need: Qualify for need-based financial aid as determined by submitting a financial aid application.
- Academic Achievement: Determined by a teacher recommendation, academic history and a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- S.T.E.M. Interest: Possess academic and career interest in science, technology, engineering, math or other fields important to the energy industry.
- Age Range: Be between 15 -18 years of age (graduates and graduating seniors are not eligible).
- Diversity: AFS and BP share a commitment to diversity and encourage students from any background to apply, including students of color and members of other under-represented communities.