Give a presentation about your culture in at least one class at school (in-person or virtually). Follow these steps to make an impact (and maybe even win a prize!) during International Education Week (IEW):
- STEP 1: Ask your teacher(s) if you can give a cultural presentation in your classes during IEW (November 13-17, 2023). Use this teacher handout to explain why.
- STEP 2: Use the AFS PowerPoint template sent to your email (or download it here – PowerPoint Presentation Template) and fill it in with photos, and details about yourself, your home country, and town. Add lots of pictures and share any cultural details you want. You can demonstrate a dance, wear traditional clothing, play music—be creative and have fun! Be sure to read the notes below each slide for presenting tips.
- STEP 3: After your presentation, tell us what you did! Submit details from your presentation by November 30, 2023 to be entered to win a Polaroid camera.
You will also receive an email with these instructions and other details to help you make the most of your IEW experience.
By giving one or more presentations in your school and joining the initiative to spread simple acts of kindness and #PassPeaceForward, you’ll be entered in the contest to win a Polaroid camera and other AFS swag!
Just be sure to log your presentation by November 30, 2023.
Feel free to customize your presentation, but you must include the last few slides of the AFS-USA template to be considered.
The merit of each presentation will be judged on these qualities:
- Cultural Insights – for example, the presentation includes details about your home culture(s) and exchange experience in the U.S.
- Visual Appeal – for example, the presentation uses clear, relevant images
Encourage your classmates to visit the AFS-USA website afsusa.org.
• Wear your AFS T-shirt to show your #AFSPride and start cross-cultural conversations at your school!
• Send your classmates to afsusa.org/study-abroad where they can sign up for an AFS study abroad program
IEW Interest Form
Are there students, teachers, or parents in your classroom that want more information after your presentation? Please have them scan this QR code to connect with us!