Follow these steps to make an impact (and maybe even win a prize!) during International Education Week (IEW):
- STEP 1: Ask your teachers if you can give a cultural presentation in their classes (in person or virtually) during IEW (November 16-20, 2020) using this form or this teacher handout.
- STEP 2: Download this PowerPoint Presentation Template to fill in with details about your culture and experiences. Add lots of pictures! Be sure to read the notes below each slide for presenting tips.
- STEP 3: After your presentation, tell us what you did! Log your presentation before the end of November, and you could win some AFS swag!
You will also receive a mailing with these instructions and other details to help you make the most of your IEW experience.
By giving one or more presentations in your school and joining the initiative to spread simple acts of kindness and #PassPeaceForward, you’ll be entered in the contest to win some AFS swag!
Just be sure to log your presentation by November 30, 2020.
Feel free to customize your presentation, but you must include the last three slides of the AFS-USA template to be considered for the prize.
The merit of each presentation will be judged on these qualities:
- Cultural Insights – for example, the presentation includes details about your home culture(s) and exchange experience in the U.S.
- Visual Appeal – for example, the presentation uses clear, relevant images