NEW YORK, N.Y., November 7, 2019—Key findings of a AFS Global Alumni Survey were shared at an event Tuesday evening co-organized by AFS with the Institute of International Education, the European American Chamber of Commerce and the HR Certification Institute.
The event, titled The Competitive Edge: Global Experience for a Diverse Workplace, brought together experts on corporate diversity and inclusion with thought leaders in global education.
Andrea Kammerer, Manager, Communications and Insights at AFS Intercultural Programs presented the data and findings from the survey.
Following the data presentation, a panel commenced, moderated by Sheryl Hilliard Tucker, Chief External Affairs Officer of AFS Intercultural Programs, with the following speakers:
- Ralph Jardine, Chief Culture Officer, HSBC, US Commercial Banking
- Kathleen Martinez, Executive Director, BP Global Foundation
- Chris Michel, Head of Diversity & Inclusion for the Americas, Bloomberg
- Hosai Omarkhil, Tech Women Mentor and Engineer, Apple
- Keith Stock, Chairman and CEO, First Financial Investors; AFS-USA Returnee
The event also included remarks from:
- Mirka Martel, PhD, Head of Research, Evaluation & Learning, IIE
- Allan E. Goodman, President and CEO, Institute of International Education
- Sheryl Hilliard Tucker, Chief External Affairs Officer, AFS Intercultural Programs
- Tara Hofmann, President and CEO, AFS Intercultural Programs USA
- Yvonne Bendinger-Rothschild, Executive Director, European American Chamber of Commerce
- Clarissa Peterson, SPHR, GPHR, LPEC, Former HR Certification Institute Board Chair; CEO, Ohana HR
Following the presentations and remarks, guests and speakers mingled during a cocktail reception.
Scroll down for photos taken of the evening.