International Education Week
contests and resources to #PassPeaceForward
AFS Sponsored Programs Student Contest
Only YES students hosted by AFS are eligible to enter this contest for International Education Week. All CBYX students have the opportunity to participate in a Civic Education Week in Washington, DC and are therefore not eligible for this contest.
There is an additional IEW contest for all AFS Exchange Students hosted in the U.S., which is also open to Sponsored Programs students which you can find here.
What is International Education Week?
International Education Week (IEW), Nov. 13-17, 2017, is a worldwide initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange. It is observed in more than 100 countries worldwide every November.
How do I get involved?
All Sponsored Programs students are required to conduct at least one presentation during IEW. Follow the steps below to help #PassPeaceForward in your community and have the chance to win an amazing prize!
- STEP 1: Ask your teachers if you can give a cultural presentation in their classes during IEW. You can print this page to help you explain your presentation.
- STEP 2: Download this PowerPoint Presentation Template to fill in with details about your culture and experiences. Add lots of pictures!
- STEP 3: After your presentations, tell us what you did! Log your presentations by Nov. 19, and you could win an awesome prize!
What’s the prize, if I win?
We’re holding a contest for all current YES students hosted by AFS to win the opportunity to attend the Better Understanding for a Better World (BUBW) Conference in early 2018. Students can enter to win in one of three ways:
- Give a high number of presentations from Nov. 11-19, 2017, and then report them by Nov. 19.
- Record a video PSA about promoting peace in your community and send it to email@example.com by Nov. 30.
- Write an essay about how exchange students like you can #PassPeaceForward. Send your essay along with a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 30.
To learn more about contest details and deadlines, be sure to read through the program-specific below. Then check out the Department of State’s IEW page and Facebook event for additional tips and resources!