Thank you for volunteering to be a host family, facilitator, or peer for our YES & FLEX students!
Below are details of each component of our virtual programming.
- Orientation: You should have received an email from [email protected] with the subject line of: “AFS-USA FLEX & YES Virtual Programming Orientation- Fall 2020”. It will contain your username and password to login to https://intercultural.interactyx.com/ to complete the orientation training. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder so you don’t miss it!
- Host Family Engagement: Host families should engage with their assigned student for at least three (3) hours a month, which can include participating in live virtual activities and conversations or sharing videos of each other speaking or engaging in an activity. Note: The virtual host family will not be the same family that plans to host the student for the Spring 2021 in-person program.
- Peer Interaction: Peers should interact with YES & FLEX students at least once a month. AFS-USA will host a series of one-hour live Zoom sessions to facilitate interactions between the student and their American peer. Topics of conversation may include culture, high school, neighborhood/community, or sustainable development goals. Please register for at least one Zoom session per month below.
October (register for at least one)
- Oct #1: Oct 23, 2020 09:00 PM Eastern Time
- Oct #2: Oct 24, 2020 11:00 AM Eastern Time
November (register for at least one)
- Nov #1: Nov 13, 2020 09:00 PM Eastern Time
- Nov #2: Nov 14, 2020 11:00 AM Eastern Time
December (register for at least one)
- Dec #1: Dec 11, 2020 09:00 PM Eastern Time
- Dec #2: Dec 12, 2020 11:00 AM Eastern Time
- Enhancement Activity Facilitators: Facilitators should be experienced cluster volunteers who will organize virtual activities in which students participate. Virtual activities should address American culture, government, leadership, entrepreneurship, and civil society in AFS communities across the country, and may be conducted using synchronous (live), asynchronous (pre-recorded/self-paced), or blended methods to accommodate the various time zones of our students.