8 reasons having a host son is the absolute best
"Don't worry, we won't bite! Each of us has our own unique personalities and we always want to interact with you. You will definitely know about almost every unique difference between our cultures, religion, and people!" — Izzan, AFS Exchange Student from Indonesia
Hosting an international exchange student is a great way to learn about another culture, but it's also a whole bunch of fun! Here are some awesome reasons why having a host son is a life-changing adventure:
1. Boys might be a little messy, but they make up for it in fun!
2. They're full of energy and enthusiasm.
3. And they love trying new food.
4. They make great big brothers…
5. Who are super fun to hang out with!
6. They're the best jokesters.
7. And every day with them is action-packed!
8. But most importantly, they're willing to try something new. (Even when it's a little scary…)
Getting ready to welcome your own international exchange student? Here's some advice Andre, an AFS Student from Brazil, has for this year's host families:
"Be willing to share every little piece of your culture, even aspects you consider insignificant. Small activities will build up to a great memory in the future."
Or, if you're new to hosting, click the button below to meet some of the international boys (and girls!) coming to your area:
Then get in touch with us to learn how you can create amazing memories by welcoming an AFSer into your home!