Guide students and families through the international exchange experience while developing your own cross-cultural communication skills. As a key part of the AFS support network, you’ll work directly with international high school students and their U.S. host families to foster a life-changing journey for both parties.
Through regular meetings with you, an AFS student can get the most out of their experience in the U.S. You’ll have help from a community of local volunteers and staff, creating an opportunity for learning and sharing as you navigate the intriguing cultural differences that make the exchange experience so rich and rewarding.
If you enjoy problem-solving, meeting new people from around the world, and facilitating intercultural understanding, this role could be the right fit for you!
- Check in regularly with students, host families, and schools
- Develop strong relationships with students and families
- Identify and work through cultural differences
- Prepare written records of your meetings
You’re a good fit if you’re interested in…
- Facilitating communication
- Gaining international experience
- Problem-solving and mediation
- Organization and coordination