Help promote international education and global awareness by building connections with local schools, organizations, and businesses. AFS-USA partners with 2,100 schools throughout the country that are committed to global learning. Many of these schools welcome exchange students into their communities as well as encourage local students to study abroad.
Through this role, you’ll encourage educators and community-based organizations to open their doors to international exchange. This is an opportunity to introduce AFS year, semester, summer, and gap year programs to American students. You’ll also promote signature AFS diversity programs and help fundraise for merit and need-based scholarships for local students.
This is your chance to bring the world a little closer to home by helping people in your community become citizens of the world!
- Meet with students, educators and community organizations
- Attend and speak at school and community events
- Promote and publicize the wide range of AFS programs and scholarships available to local students
- Outreach to community colleges
- Participate in school and community fairs to spread the word about AFS
- Encourage journalists to write stories about AFS in the local press
- Fundraise for scholarships for local students going abroad on AFS programs
- Help educators meet their classroom goals
You’re a good fit if you’re interested in…
- Networking and outreach
- Public speaking
- Meeting new people
- Cultivating learning opportunities